Lisa A. Korey, Psy.D.
Founder, Licensed Clinical Psychologist
- Licensed Clinical Psychologist in the state of Georgia
- Bachelors of Arts in Psychology and Spanish with Honors from Georgia State University
- Masters and Doctorate in Clinical Psychology from Georgia School of Professional Psychology
- Doctoral Internship at Carroll County School District
- Postdoctoral Fellowship in private practice Pediatric Assessment
- Experienced in school, community mental health, university, and private practice settings
- Extensive experience and expertise in psychological assessment of children and adults
- Trained and experienced in Autism Spectrum Disorders assessment, including Autism Diagnostic Observation Schedule, Second Edition (ADOS-2) and Autism Diagnostic Interview, Revised, ADI-R
- Certified Clinical Hypnotherapist
- Member of Georgia Psychological Association (GPA)
Dr. Korey takes an integrative, evidence-based approach to therapy and assessment. She has extensive experience in psychological assessment for a variety of concerns, including Autism Spectrum Disorders, Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), Learning Disabilities (Dyslexia/Dysgraphia/Dyscalculia), and other psychological disorders.
In her last position, Dr. Korey worked as a staff psychologist and assessment coordinator at Georgia Institute of Technology (GA Tech), where she focused on diagnostic assessment and counseling for college students with ADHD, learning disabilities, high functioning Autism Spectrum Disorder, and other psychological concerns. Additionally, she supervised and trained doctoral and postdoctoral interns on assessment. Dr. Korey worked closely with Disability Services in school settings and is knowledgeable about educational accommodations as afforded by the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) for academic settings elementary through university level, and standardized testing, such as SAT, ACT, GRE, MCAT, and others.
For counseling, Dr. Korey is passionate about working with couples and adults on a variety of concerns, including anxiety, depression, adjustment to college, parenting concerns, marital /premarital counseling, affair recovery, ADHD, and high functioning ASD. When working with couples, Dr. Korey utilizes The Gottman Method and Emotionally Focused Therapy (EFT) techniques. She also incorporates The Gottman Relationship Checkup assessment into her work with couples to identify strengths and challenges in the relationship. Dr. Korey specializes in working with couples presenting with one or both partners struggling with ADHD and/or ASD diagnoses, which bring unique challenges to the relationship.
Dr. Korey utilizes a client-centered approach, while incorporating Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT), Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT), Narrative therapy, Mindfulness, and ACT techniques into treatment as appropriate. She actively works with clients to help them overcome their challenges and create lasting changes, while creating an environment of acceptance, collaboration, openness, and authenticity. Dr. Korey is devoted to her job and continuously strives to provide the best services to her clients through continuing education, latest research, and best practices in assessment and psychotherapy.
In her free time, Dr. Korey enjoys spending time with her husband and two children traveling, hiking, and attending church. She is fluent in Russian and has conversational proficiency in Spanish that allows her to evaluate and treat children and adults from diverse backgrounds.
To contact Dr. Korey, please click on Contact Us or Email button below: