Mental Health Links
The following links are listed to provide you with online mental health care information which you may find helpful and interesting. This is not meant to be a comprehensive list, nor is it an endorsement of the content of these sites.
Associations & Institutes
- American Academy of Child & Adolescent Psychiatry
- American Association for Marriage and Family Therapy
- Center for Mental Health Services
- National Institute of Mental Health
- National Mental Health Association
- National Womens Health Resource Center
- NAMI (National Alliance on Mental Illness)
Suicide Awareness and crisis Hotlines
- American Foundation for Suicide Prevention
- https://suicidepreventionlifeline.org/ - Immediate support for someone in crisis, including options for deaf or hearing impaired, veterans, and Spanish speakers.
- Suicide Awareness Voices of Education
- Suicide: Read This First
- Depression and How Therapy Can Help
- Depression Screening
- Depression and Bipolar Support Alliance (DBSA)
- Basic information about anxiety disorders - Information about anxiety disorders in general, and specific types of anxiety disorders, such as panic disorder, social phobia, obsessive-compulsive disorder and generalized anxiety disorder. This information is provided by the Anxiety Disorders Association of America (ADAA), the only national, non-profit membership organization dedicated to informing the public, healthcare professionals and legislators that anxiety disorders are real, serious and treatable.
- Social Phobia/Social Anxiety Association - Provides definitions, explanations of symptoms and treatment, resources and links for people experiencing social phobia/social anxiety disorder.
- National Institutes of Mental Health Post-traumatic Stress Disorder - Booklets, fact sheets, and summaries about PTSD.
- National Center for PTSD (NCPTSD) - The NCPTSD's mission is to advance the clinical care and social welfare of America's veterans through research, education, and training in the science, diagnosis, and treatment of PTSD and stress-related disorders.
- Answers to Your Questions About Panic Disorder
- National Center for PTSD
- Calm Clinic
Attention-Deficit Hyperactivity DisordeR
- Children and Adults with Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (CHADD) (www.chadd.org): CHADD is the nation's leading non-profit organization serving individuals with ADHD and their families.
- Attention Deficit Disorder Resources (www.addresources.org): A member driven non–profit organization that has produces a website with a wealth of resources, including articles, lists of books, links to websites, and a searchable database of professionals and support groups across the country.
- National Attention Deficit Disorder Association: (www.add.org). Website has a wealth of resources, including a searchable directory of support groups and professionals.
- Study Guides & Strategies (www.studygs.net)
AUTISM SPECTRUM DISORDER
- Georgia Asperger's Organization - http://georgiaaspergersorganization.org/
- Autism Speaks - https://www.autismspeaks.org/
- OASIS: Online Asperger Syndrome Information and Support: www.aspergersyndrome.org
- Autism Meetups in Atlanta - http://www.meetup.com/topics/autism/us/ga/atlanta/
- ASD Support Group Links - http://www.behavior-consultant.com/support.htm
- MHDDAD (Division of Mental Health, Developmental Disabilities, and Addictive Diseases) - Region Three MHDDAD Office; 100 Crescent Centre Parkway, Suite 900, Tucker, GA 30084, 770-414-3052; http://mhddad.dhr.georgia.gov/portal/site/DHR-MHDDAD
- Autism Society of America, Greater Georgia Chapter https://www.autismsocietyga.org/
Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
Posttraumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Give an Hour for veterans and their families
- National Center for PTSD Real Warriors (U.S. Department of Defense) for veterans and their families
- The Gift From Within
Addiction and Recovery
- Alcoholics Anonymous
- Alcoholics Anonymous Recovery Resources
- Center for On-Line Addiction
- Is your own drinking problematic? To help determine if your own drinking patterns are safe, risky or harmful, you can answer the following questions on two separate self-assessment tests: http://alcoholism.about.com/od/tests/a/quiz_alcoholic.htm and http://www.ehealthmd.com/library/alcohol-use/alcoholuse-alcoholic.html
Child Abuse and Domestic Violence
- www.nsvrc.org/projects/child-sexual-assault-prevention/preventing-child- sexual-abuse-resources
- Childhelp USA
- Questions and Answers about Memories of Childhood Abuse
- The National Domestic Violence Hotline Website